Website Privacy Notice
“Persistent Foundation and affiliates as may exist from time to time and their web presence via the domain Persistentfoundation.org and any other domains created from time to time, hereinafter referred to as ‘Persistent Foundation’, ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ is committed to respect your privacy and choices. The statement highlights our privacy practices regarding Personal Information that we collect and store through this website and for the Personal Information that you provide us while interacting with us on our website (this “Site”) and participating in our events and campaigns.”
Collection of Personal Data and its Processing
Personal Information that we process
For the purposes of this privacy notice, ‘Personal Information’ is any data which relates to an individual who may be identified from that data, or from a combination of a set of data, and other information which is in possession of Persistent Foundation.
In general, you may browse our website without providing any Personal Information about yourself. However, we collect certain information such as:
- Personal Data that you provide via our website, including information you provide through forms on this Site e.g. name, email address, designation and company;
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this Site, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, demographics, your computers’ operating system, and browser type and information collected via cookies;
Use of your Personal Data
We use your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide better usability, troubleshooting and Site maintenance;
- To understand which parts of this Site are visited and how frequently;
- To provide access to desirable content based on your preferences;
- To provide information and services as requested by you;
- To assess queries, requirements, and process requests for services;
- To run promotional campaigns;
- To create brand awareness;
Legal basis for processing Personal Data
We process your Personal Data when it is in the legitimate interests of Persistent Foundation in connection with promotion of services which we provide, or which are procured using our services and to improve and enhance the range of those services and offerings. We process your Personal Data in the following circumstances:
- Communication – We may use your Personal Data to administer and provide services you request or have expressed an interest in, to communicate with you in case of customer support, to process transactions, for sending newsletters, updates and promotional materials, for seeking your opinion and feedback and personalize and/or tailor any communications that we may send you.
- Activity Tracking – We may use your Personal Data to track your activity on our digital platforms and personalize and improve your experience. This can be used to create an individual profile for you so that we can understand and respect your preferences or for profiling purposes to enable us to personalize and/or tailor any promotional activity that you may consent to receive from us.
Disclosure of Personal Data, Data Recipients and Transfer:
Persistent Foundation does not share your Personal Data with third parties for marketing purposes without seeking your prior permission.
We share your Personal Data within Persistent Foundation;
The following applies only where the data controller processing your Personal Data is domiciled in the European Economic Area (“EEA”):
We transfer Personal Data to countries outside the EEA to third parties, including to countries which have different data protection standards to those which apply in the EEA. Where service providers process your Personal Data in countries deemed adequate by the European Commission, we rely on the European Commission’s decision to protect your Personal Data.
For transfers to companies and service providers outside the EEA, we use standard contractual clauses or rely on controller-processor contracts entered in to with the service providers.
Access, correction, objection of your Personal Data:
Subject to the local legal requirements, you have the right to access, correct, delete or transfer your Personal Data that we hold, including your profile and preferences. You also have the right to object to certain processing and, where we have asked for your consent to process your Personal Data, to withdraw this consent. Where we process your Personal Data because we have a legitimate interest in doing so (as explained above), you also have a right to object to this. These rights may be limited in some situations – for example, where we can demonstrate that we have a legal requirement to process your Personal Data. Specifically, in certain circumstances, you have the following personal data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the personal information we have on you.
- The right to be forgotten. Where no overriding legal basis or legitimate reason continues to exist for processing personal data, you may request that we delete the personal data. This includes personal data that may have been unlawfully processed. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure erasure.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data including where processing involves automated decision-making.
- The right of restriction. You can also ask us to delete or restrict how we use your personal information, but this right is determined by applicable law and may impact your access to some of our services.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of your Personal Data in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where we relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. You can assert your rights in the corresponding sections by contacting us at email@example.com
Security of your Personal Data
Persistent Foundation intends to protect your Personal Data and to maintain its accuracy, and we implement reasonable administrative, physical security, and technical controls in order to safeguard your Personal Data from unauthorised access, use and disclosure.
Retention of your Personal Data
Personal Data will not be retained for a period more than necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this privacy notice, unless a longer retention period is required by law or for directly related legitimate business purposes.
Persistent Foundation provides links to third-party websites and services. However, Persistent Foundation is not responsible for the privacy statements, practices, or the contents of such third-party websites.
How to contact us
If you have any questions regarding our privacy practices or this privacy notice, please contact us at Privacy Officer.
Alternately you can write to us at:
Bhageerath, 402 E, Senapati Bapat Road
Pune – 411 016,
Updates to this Privacy Notice
Persistent Foundation may change the data privacy practices and update this privacy statement as and when the need arises, and the same will be made available on the website.
A little bit by each of us can lead to a better tomorrow
As a trusted channel, we maintain transparency and accountability for all donations received. We welcome contributions from everyone.
Don't wait for the perfect moment to become a changemaker — make this moment perfect! Volunteer with the Persistent Foundation.